So I’m a big turkey lover! Turkey sandwich, turkey burgers, turkey for Thanksgiving (or whenever I feel like it) but I have never thought of trying a turkey salad! Well, here we go……….
Recipe: Spinach Salad with Turkey
High in protein and low in calories, this simple salad is perfect for lunch or dinner. Feel free to mix things up by adding your favorite crisp raw vegetables, or replacing the turkey with fish, chicken, or the vegetarian protein source of your choice!
- 8 oz. leaf spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 oz. cooked turkey breast meat, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 or 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place all dressing ingredients in small bowl. Whisk together and set aside. In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Serves 4.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
|Nutritional Information (per serving)|
|Calories||Protein||Fiber||Carbs||Fat Total||Saturated Fat|
|193||22 grams||2 grams||12 grams||8 grams||2 grams|