With nine grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber per serving, this soup is rich, hearty, healthy . . . and vegan! Just the thing to help you make it through the last few remaining weeks of winter
*2 cups precooked white beans
*1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced into medium pieces
* 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 4 medium stalks celery, cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 6 to 12 cloves garlic, peeled and trimmed of root ends
* 1 cup cubed squash
* 4 cups spinach (or any preferred greens)
* 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
* 8 cups (64 oz.) vegetable stock or broth
* 1/4 cup olive oil * 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* Salt, pepper, and Italian herbs (to taste) Heat stock. In a separate large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and potatoes. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add greens and sauté for 5 minutes, then add white beans, parsley, and squash and season lightly. Add hot stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes until vegetables are fork-tender but still retain their shape. Adjust seasonings. Serves 6.
**For thinner consistency, add more water and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Preparation Time: 30 minutesCooking Time: 30 to 40 minutes Nutritional Information (per serving) Calories Protein Fiber Carbs Fat Total Saturated Fat 281 9 grams 8 grams 42 grams 9 grams 1 gram